3/13/14

I'm blogging again!

That.is.it. I am going to start blogging again!! Not even sure where to start. Truett is 5 now and Mila Kaye is 3. Where has the time gone? We are SO busy! Truett is trying out karate, he plays soccer (Ted coaches), has done t-ball (not this season though), and is taking swimm lessons. Mila takes dance, gymnastics, and swim lessons. These kiddos are the best. Mila has always been clingy, whiney, and mommy's girl - that hasn't changed much. ;) BUT, she has also turned into a daddy's girl and her pet name for her daddy is Beast and she is his Belle. Precious! She is a very, very smart little girl and definitely acts and knows more than most her age, but on the same coin, she very much behaves like a 3 yr old. You know, epic tantrums, no reasoning, etc? Yeah, that. :) She is a beautiful, healthy, outgoing girl that also loves to sing, is very animated, and loves her little soul-mate boyfriend, Davis. She is VERY girly. It's adorable. Totally all on her own...she adores dress up, make up, tea party, playing house (being the mom or sister of course), anything "pretend", and of course pink and purple are her favorite colors! Truett is the biggest sweetheart you've ever met. He is very well-behaved at school, and at home he isn't so bad either. ;) He is learning to listen very well, follow directions, and starting to do chores at home and helps his sister a lot. He loves his ipad, playing with the neighbors Aidan and Trey, his buddy Garrison, and loves trucks, cars, sandbox, riding his bike (without training wheels!!), and art. He also plays pretend with Mila and they can be very goofy and silly and sweet, and then they can turn on each other just like brother and sister, I suppose. I am working hard to help them have a close, loving relationship instead of one that is saturated with a childhood of sibling fights. He is learning all kinds of things at school, such as abcs, sight words, how to read and say letter sounds to read, adding, subtracting, etc. He would make any mother proud and I am so lucky he's my little man. Something that has started, probably about a year ago, is he loves sleeping in our bed these days...I actually love it too but I realize he needs his own bed and we need our own space...I'll keep working on enforcing that. For a while I had been very good about having Friday nights as "family slumber party" for all 4 of us, but slowly Truett has made his way into our room a little more often. Stinker! Let's see...as a family update Ted and I are still both wokring full-time. Ted is still doing his video work and other side stuff as time allows, and I stay busy with my workout/running obsession (it's kind of morphed into "workout" with running being a piece of that instead of all-consuming). We have all been going to a church for a while now and everyone seems to love it. Mila and Truett are learning prayers and it's just about the sweetest thing ever. Last night Mila was praying and she started out, "Dear God, I am sorry I screamed at mommy." Then she looked at me and said, "Ok, now you say you're sorry for not being nice." LOL! OK, that's all I have time for now but I will try to report back more often. :)

2 comments:

  1. YAY! Because RunCathy.com expired yesterday, and I did not renew it ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well I lost that password along time ago so good timing. :) Plz remind me to blog so I don't go a yr again - ha ha!

      Delete