3/17/14

Weekend Update

We had a fun but exhausting weekend. It is Monday and I am pooped!! I just want to veg out right now... Friday night was grandma's (my mom's) birthday and we celebrated at Los Tios with all the aunts and uncles and counsins. Truett and Mila even spent the night with all of them at grandma's house. What fun memories for all the kiddos!! Saturday we hosted a couple's baby shower at the house so we were busy with that all day and well into the evening. I was in bed with a sleepy Mimi by 7:30 PM. That felt glorious!! Sunday was another full day - church in the morning, HEB, haircut for Ted, birthday party for Mila, then a fun backyard party with friends. When we got home it was crunch time to make a few healthy options for the weekly lunches and dinner and then into bed we all went. Truett had a super awesome weekend and after spending the night at grandma's house he went to BB and Pappy's lake house over night. Doesn't get much better for him! Back to the grind on a Monday - at least we have no events planned tonight so we will all just take it easy - make in the front or back or it's too chilly nad the kids are too tired we will all jsut hang inside. Fine by me. :) Operation summertime workout schedule started this weekend too. I'm trying something new. After a year of focusing on running, then 2 months of doing Insanity and barely any running, I am going to merge the two and do 3 days of running with 3-4 days of Insanity. I'm hoping for some good results. Of course, also trying to stay mostly gluten-free and mostly sugar free. What that means is I eat GF foods to the best of my knowledge, and no sugary treats during the week, only on the weekends when I absolutely cannot help myself (you know, such as buttercream icing at the baby shower), white wine, and sneaking 2 cookies at the BBQ. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment